Thursday 23 January 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin ♥

Hello Lovlies. 

I have been very MIA from the blogging world recently and I'm very sorry :( but I promise I will try my best to start posting regularly again, thank you for staying with me you gorgeous lot :) 

Anyway on to todays post which is all about the little beauty below. 



As soon as I saw this on the shelves in Boots it immediately caught my eye, every time I went in there I would pick it up then put it down then pick it up again…you get the idea. I kept trying to tell myself I didn't need it but you guessed it, curiosity got the better of me and last Saturday it found its way in to my shopping basket whilst I was having a little wonder round Boots.

Maybelline describe Baby Skin as a Lightweight primer which creates smooth, poreless looking skin. "Pores appear instantly erased for smooth looking skin". 

My thoughts

I actually really like this primer, after all the hype surrounding the baby lips I was half expecting to be let down by this product but I wasn't at all I really love it. I have seen a few people say it's a dupe for Benefits Porefessional  but I would have to disagree as apart from the cute packaging they are quite different. I personally think Baby Skin shares more similarities with the Smashbox primer, the texture and the way it feels on the skin are very similar. Baby Skin really does make my skin feel like.. well Babies skin I guess, so soft and smooth and it really does an amazing job of erasing the look of fine lines and pores. It works well as a primer (which was what I was worried about) as my foundation stays the same throughout the day as it does when I wear either my Smashbox primer or my favourite Porefessional primer from Benefit. The packaging is cute and I really like the little nozzle as it dispenses the perfect pea sized amount of product, a little goes along way with this I find. You get 22ml's of product and it retails at £7.99 which I think is very reasonable. 


Below are 2 pictures of my hand one with no product applied and another with Baby Skin primer blended in, as you can see from the photos it does a pretty impressive job, it significantly reduces the look of the pores and lines on my hand. 


I would definitely recommend this product and I will certainly repurchase when this one has run out. Have you tried this primer? What did you think of it? I would love to hear you thoughts so please leave me your comments or feel free to tweet me at @Tiffsbeautyboxx with your thoughts :) Thanks for reading my lovelies lots of love.

2 comments :